7.11.2007

Street Art

While searching for inspiration from every day surroundings and not finding any in my vacinity, I once again turned to the web. Seduction of Place at its finest. If you would like to take on a similar endeavor, I would suggest streetsy; an amazing tagged archive of street art (searchable by location or artist) affiliated with the Wooster Collective.

Today, I came across Little People a tiny street art project by Slinkachu: Little hand painted people, left in London to fend for themselves.









I am also in love with the elbow-toe photosets on Flickr. There are many documenting his street art at its best, and I would suggest a search sometime soon.



Here is a video of Judith Supine installing a piece in Times Square back in 2005, with a personal photoset to boot.



Swoon is another artist that I have the utmost respect for. The New York Times ran a slideshow to accompany an article published some years ago. Her work can still be found on Cortland Alley (off of Canal in Lower Manhattan) and as always, on Flickr.



Troy-Lovegates knocks me out every time with a flurry of disjointed characters with ponderous expressions on their distorted faces.



I leave you with essential viewing: Blu's Wall Animation Done in Berlin for Backjump #3 (the video is stretched horizontally and looped; it was filmed with a camera in vertical position but youtube doesn’t accept that format).


pictorial during the animation process



Digg!

1 comment:

FranzDiego.com said...

man that shit is sooo cold!